14

To thatha, with love

Posted by Ramya Shankar on Sunday, March 26, 2006
Today as I see this little girl and her grandfather play in the park I'm reminded a lot of my Thatha. I've spent most of my time with my grandparents than parents, hence my partiality to this man. A multi-faceted person that he was, would be able to talk with a 6 yr old and a 60 yr old on any topic under the sun. He was unorthodox yet had us stick to our culture and ethics. He has been my inspiration, role model, teacher, philosopher, guide and the best of all a real good friend.
Love for music.
Enthusiasm for writing.
Passion for books.
These 3 things that he passed onto me, now form a major 2/3rds of my life.
His morning prayers still linger in my ears.
The way he used to call me his princess.
The long walks in the Delhi parks that he used to take me for.
The manner in which he used to make me recite poems. (My love for poems continues)
His major attraction towards stationary and art forms had us musing in Landmark for hours together.
His fervour for experimenting new things.

So much unsaid, but then I'm sure the next 4 words will explain it all.
"I Miss You Thatha"

|

14 Comments


Although grand parents are equally loving, I have a feeling that ppl are more affectionate towards their maternal grand parents and vice versa.

May be it is because we dont get to see them as often as our paternal grand parents.

More so, I have a feeling that guys are more affectionate on their maternal grandmothers. May be its her kadalai urundais and kozhukkattais that make me speak this way...I am not sure.


which little girl and thatha?? :-?


mm.. reminds me of my thatha.. do I have to say that I miss him so much??


Balaji, this was my paternal grandad. :o))

RS, I saw some girl n her thatha in the park here...

Venkatesh, :o)


oh! That meeky girl with green ribbon and yellow frock!? That was you? I saw you at the park. Did you see me? I was a geeky boy wearing thick black framed spectacles with a lollipop in my mouth in one of those strapped trousers and a checked shirt with neat combed hair. Yeah you're right. I was walking with my paati. Gee what a flashback. He He. And what this eternal thing with thathas and paetthis.


hehehe ramya i thought the story posted at my blog avangala pathi solriyo ninaichen...

park here na...were u typing this blog from park?? in a laptop?

and manoj that was funny....ramya with green ribbon and yellow frock hehehe... soooooper ah irukkum


Awww.... dunno what to say. What I will say is that my break's over. I'm back :D


Everybody has own attraction towards the grandparents..I heard lot of stories from my grandpa..still remembering him..Thanks to remind him again


Manoj,
Aww, u got it all messed up, it was green frock n yellow ribbons, soda buddi poattum kannu therilaya unakku?

RS, I O no no..


Sriram,
Hehe... welcome back!!

Karthikeyan, yeah right, :o))


aaaawww arent thaathas and paatis special, love em


they r always special..no one can pamper us better!


sounds like the "Da Vinci Code" he he!


Ramya
Nice blog, i appreciate you

Read dear thatha
though i become the an sucessfull advocate the push behind me is that of my grand father, who we also call "tahtha"
same to same character what you had written,

realy emotional i am reading that
My grand papa always saying that..
"Truth, Purity, and Unselfishness - Wherever
these are present,there is no or above the sun to crush the prossessor
there of. Equipped with these , one
individual is able to face the whole universe
in opposition."

Regards
Madhu Maiya
Advocate

madhumaiya.blogspot.com
madhumaiya@gmail.com

Copyright © 2009 Somethings & Nothings All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Customized by Ramya Shankar