17

Mainland China

Posted by Ramya Shankar on Friday, March 31, 2006
Making plans within the click of a finger is what my dad is known for. Suddenly at 8 pm he says we're having chinese food tonight !
I'm not a food connoisseur, but then I couldn't stop myself from posting this from the dinner I had last night.
The decor with its soft lighting and a few touches of contemporary Chinese paintings and motifs were found everywhere. The waiters in their smartly clad black chic dresses glide effortlessly between the tables and catering to all your needs.
The spiced lettuce, sugary cucumber and the Chinese tea which is nothing more than warm water boiled with cloves and mint is on every table as a compliment.
Being a vegetarian can be quite a hindrance when it comes to Chinese food. We had Crispy corn and golden potatoes as starters along with Sweet corn veg soup. I couldn't stop myself on those corns and got half full by the time we reached the main course. Well, the main course turned out to be Garlic and Capsicum Fried rice with Hakka noodles in Schezwan sauce. Teamed with all this was a Munchoorian dipped in sweet n sour sauce. Truly mouth watering!!!
By the time dessert came, I was sure I would not eat for the next 2 days atleast.
But when I saw Daarsaan (thick flattened fried noodles bathed in honey) along with butterscotch ice-cream. I forgot about all that I had eaten.
The bill and the stomach was content and I must say the service is really good. So if you Chennaites have a inkling for Chinese food, we can boast of Mainland China !

|

17 Comments


Indian Chinese...hmm....Singaporean (or Chinese)Chinese....UGH!


Hehe, unna consider a pannalaye Vani! Exception nee coz ippo nee non-chennaite !


@vani - eppana orukka sapta it will be a pleasant experience as ramya describes in the blog

eppavume chinese saptutu irunthu nonthu (HAKKA) noodles ah vida vendiyathu thaan

:)


Enakku chinese restaurant na oru bayam aayiduchu, after the prev visit to a chinese restaurant near my campus...

Vegetarian menu la there were about 5-6 dishes with "oyster" in them... yeeks...


@ Vani:
Agree with ramya.. nee "singapore gal" aayitta!


now u r making me hungry!! I actually like Thai Cuisine better!!


Hey Ramya.,

First time here.. I dont know Im not sure, but I love the template its neat!

//which is nothing more than warm water boiled with cloves and mint - ha ha

These days I guess every other chinnese restaurant has started to follow simlar tacts.,

But do they have those bean's fried in the starter menu? they have a special peanut dip with with I dont know if you get that in Mainland but else where yeah!

Cheers,

NY?


Every weekend we go to Chinese buffet here..lots and lots of varites..first i didnt like but now got used to it..



Delicious.


RS,
idhu enna pudhu trend ah, nondhu noodles aagardhu?

Aravind,
Being a veg is a gr8 handicap for chinese food.


Aravind,
Let's not distress her all the more, make it Indian girl eating s'porean food! LOL

Kuttichuvaru,
Yeah, thai food is nice too...


Nanyaar,
Welcome & Thanks !
Yes the fried beans/spinach was thr on the menu, but I dont remember any peanut dip!

Logic,
Yes varieties galore, but veg??


hey, if u love chinese so much, then u must check out bamboo shoots in blore..its awesome!:)


Anu,
Dad has been 2 Bamboo shoots! For how vetti I am here, I mite as well come thr! ;)


Chennaiites do have an inkling for chinese food.Cos the word chennai has china embedded in it.


I O Sheky, mokkai thaangala !


Hey Ramya
Mainland China attests to restaurants coming of age in Madras..I have been there a couple of times and suggested the same to my friends visiting Madras..
Eating to the brink..Just in the process of experiencing it.. Went to a Madras restaurant here today and gobbled to the max..even the word dosai or vada is making me sick today.. :(

Anonymous says:

Hello!I am Dinesh's sister. Mainland China is rather good even if u are a vegetarian. I have been to the Mainland china restaurant in Bangalore several times and i have always loved it!

Copyright © 2009 Somethings & Nothings All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Customized by Ramya Shankar