16

Physics

Posted by Ramya Shankar on Sunday, March 19, 2006
This day, last year. I was done with my board exams and was way too busy attending strenuous yet redundant AIEEE classes for 6 hours at a stretch everyday.
But I remember with what fidelity I attended my Physics tuition classes. Almost the whole of Psbb (my school) used to attend Mr.Sundaresan's classes. He was a great disciplinarian and punctuality was something he insisted more than studies. We were made to go back home in case we were late even by a minute. Completion of assignments on time and scoring above 65% in the class tests was mandatory. All of us used to dread his assignment discussion classes, where he would randomly ask people to give the answers to the given problems. If you hadn't solved the question, you had to submit the same problem done about 20 times.Another thing that I always admire about him is the way he remembers the name of each an every student who attended his class. (80 per batch and there were 2 batches per year)
More than the knowledge that he passed on, the passion for the subject that he imbibed in each one us was terrific. I used to loathe Physics until my 10th standard. But today I owe everything that I learnt in those 2 years to him. Be it, Punctuality, Moral Values, Principles and of course the love for the subject !

|

16 Comments


hahah somewhere in an earlier blog i think i saw you hated physics so much that u were happy getting rid of it with this year..ithu ena pudhu kathai love for the subject?


nalla vaathiyaara irupaar pola iruku.. hmmm

vaathiyaar eppadi irundhu enna punniyamm ungala maathiri allugalaku class edutha avaraku paduchathellam marandhu poirukumaae


me too heard about Sundaresan sir... my friends who attended really used to be terrified, the day when they were expecting the corrected answer sheets :)


yeah even i remember reading in your blog that you hate physics.


uhmm...these kinda teachers are rare !!..... I fell in luv with chemistry, thanx tomy chem teacher in school....


nalla padi ramya...
u love or hate it
its doesnt matter for marks
byheart if u dont like it
mug up if u dont understand...
ha ha


math and chemistry came easily to me but physics for some reason was hard.. sometimes.. hey thts the end of physics for u as a subject after 1st yr.. ofcourse in terms of applications it carries on.. :)


RS,
I was happy to get rid of it, but I never mentioned that I hate it!

Neighbour,
hehehe, naagellam nalla pullainga nu sonna nambuveengala?

Aravind,
LOL, I used to dread those days too!!


RS,
I was happy to get rid of it, but I never mentioned that I hate it!

Neighbour,
hehehe, naagellam nalla pullainga nu sonna nambuveengala?

Aravind,
LOL, I used to dread those days too!!


Manoj,
I never hated it, mite be E.D??

Phobiac,
Rare gems indeed! :o))

Sophia,
Mugging up is something I can't do!

Vivhyd,
Yeah, but the staff here at coll suck in the phy dept :o))


this day this year - ursula andress' 60th b'day. happy b'day ursula. you taught me to question the laws of physics.


the staff sucks in all depts.. haha.. atleast in E&I they did.. u in which dept? hmm.. I dont remember who the Physics dept mams were.. long time..


i too adore sundi sir..hes awesome


I was in his class way back from 2007-2009. Till today he's a source of amazing inspiration to me. And I was someone who loved science, but he took the passion within me to much greater heights and instigated the concept of analytical thinking in me.. Amazing professor! I still treasure his notes!!

Anonymous says:

Can anybody mail me Mr. Sundaresan sirs tuition center west mambalam address near postal colony? Maktubr2@gmail.com


Can anyone share Mr.Sundaresan sirs contact number to my number 9940028233

Copyright © 2009 Somethings & Nothings All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Customized by Ramya Shankar