6

Unfair

Posted by Ramya Shankar on Saturday, April 22, 2006
Lets rewind a bit.
Let me take you 7 years down memory lane. Its a breezy evening of August. Its around 9 in the evening. We get a call from a frantic cousin who asks us to come over to their place right away that's just a stone's throw away from our house. My parents and I rush over. The porch light is off. Strange. The drawing room was rearranged. Strange again. I went in first and stood transfixed in my steps. There was a absolutely amazingly cuddly, drooling, tottering fawn colored Labrador pup trying to walk its way from one end of the hall to another. I was literally dumbstruck. My affection and love for dogs surfaced immediately. I learnt from my grinning cousin that the pup was a month old. The fella (pup) could hardly walk and kept landing on his belly for every 2 steps that he advanced. He was already showing signs of being obdurate and adamant as my uncle tried to coax him to drink his doggy syrup. Cerelac wasn't helping either. He was christened "Teddy".
Fast forward to the present.
My aunt and uncle have moved to a new flat from their independent house. And Teddy doesn't like the change. He feels restricted. There is no place for him to move about and keeps sniffing the new place. The change is pretty hard for him. The crammed 3 bedroom apartment with its furniture doesn't fancy him, he seems to want space. Today I'm furious to know that, a few members of the apartment's association approached my uncle and have asked them to give away Teddy. The reason? He barks. What nonsense? The kid upstairs who wails all day goes unnoticed. But a dog isn't allowed to stay for a simple reason that he barks? Its absurd. I feel like shooting the guy who came and said that -"get rid of ur dog, he's too loud". Well is he ever going to understand that it will take anyone for that matter to accustom themselves to a change? And its just a dog. Doesn't anyone sympathize with the other living species? I'm appalled by this reckless attitude of certain souls in this world. I'm ashamed too that I coexist with such heartless creatures! Bah! I can't stand the idea of Teddy going to Blue Cross. Where will those pets go if such absurd rules are brought about in apartments-
Do we send dogs and cats to the zoos?

|

6 Comments


if ur gonna shoot him like DJ does in RDB, I'll willingly be the guy who rides the bike!

Someone should make him realise it's like asking someone to chuck out their family member X(


Unfair.
Unfortunately, that's how things are! Maybe like Harish says, your uncle could tell them that? It could work!

And your spamming friends are back... :(


I dont think the association guys have any say in resident's wish to keep a dog or not..i dont know if they wud come up with the same argument for a loud neighbor? just for this association business, i hate this flat culture.. just a bunch of useless oldies who think they have the ultimate authority to poke into anything..rombha pesina, ask Teddy to take care of 'em..:)

Anonymous says:

U're gonna get one more person to accompany you in the shoot ! I'm in !


harish,
he apparently doesnt realise that!

Vani,
they've tried talking to him. they seem to be deaf...
spammers - yeah i noticed :(


Sriram,
Back after a long while? And teddy might want a piece of that guy's ear (:p)

Ashwin,
Am I starting a mob here? (:p) Finish your exams prop...

Copyright © 2009 Somethings & Nothings All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Customized by Ramya Shankar