21

A Priceless pack of Garbage

Posted by Ramya Shankar on Monday, April 24, 2006
Why is it always difficult to get rid of something as trivial as a withered flower or a pen that no longer writes or anything that has some close significance to you?
I was de-cluttering my shelf today, and I found a sizable number of a myriad of things that I didn't want to throw away.Ranging from old slam books, post-it pages, a few diaries to broken stationary, a ripped toy and lots more... The things that I did not want to throw away seemed to outgrow in number than the things that I actually did part with. As I flip my old diaries, I can almost visualize myself living in those moments and the transitional change that I've undergone. I also got hold of a few tapes in which the conversation between my cousins had been recorded. I was almost ROTFL when I heard their squeaky voices and not to leave out my guffaw and snide remarks in between.
The broken or useless branded goodies might clutter my house, but the memories that I can associate with each one of those paraphernalia is absolutely priceless.

|

21 Comments


very nice piece of writing :) usage of sentences, narration skills and surprisingly the title all are good...

only complaint i have is, this is short

Anonymous says:

hehe.. de-cluttering?? plannin to study or wat? I remember, u used to de-clutter before studying! LOL! U still do right?? Caught u lady..


master card ad maadhiri sollita po :)

en veetla ekkachekka ezhuthaatha pen vechirukkaen :D


well.. i just love to go thru my old stuff frm time to time u knw.. it feels so nice to see all the things i saved - the cards, letters etc and reading thru them, livinng those moments again.. priceless indeed


RS,
I like to keep my posts short, except for a few ones rarely...

Ashwin,
shooo... poi exam ku padi


Praveen,
hehe... neeyum ah? verry good!

Vivhyd,
Yup! Its a lovely feeling defi


It is a wonderful feeling going thru old stuff!!! sometimes, things that might seem garbage for everyone else, would be the most precious stuff for us ;)


its not only old stuff.. it also applies to emails.. I never delete emails (even though my current inbox size is close to 16K now)


Aravind,
yeah :)

Venkatesh,
E-mails also... yes


Nyabagam varudhe Nyabagham varudhe
Pokishamaga nenjil niraindha....!


agreed esp abt the useless pens, yen veetuku vandu paaru apoo theriyum

Anonymous says:

Thats verymuch true Ramya...it will make u to go back to the sweet memories...keep going Ramya..


very nice blog.all the best
ravishankar


Badri,
cycle oatings??

Mark Isuak,
ellar veetulayum idhu irukum defi..


Gokul & Biotechnologist

Thanks :)


hey, decluttering is good...i once found a pair of jeans that i wore in class 7 about 5 years later...sigh...it just depressed me..because of the waist size ofcourse...:P


Deepa,
But it would have been memorable if at all u had fitted into those jeans of yours...


I have to show this post to my Mom... (Specially the comments section). She thinks that I am the only guy in this world, who keeps boxes full of "Kachara" in his room... Hey, I've got company now...


yesh yesh you are right


Abru,
hehe :)

Manoj,
u agree for a change eh?


Its not so easy to part away with things that so close 2 the heart..esp the senti ones! However I am learning & trying to get rid of things as much as possible - so that i can avoid the extra kuppai & @ the same time giving away things that r no longer of much use to me but that it wud be of use 2 others :)

Copyright © 2009 Somethings & Nothings All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Customized by Ramya Shankar