14

Of blogs and comments

Posted by Ramya Shankar on Friday, April 21, 2006
My mind is clogged and I know not what to blog!
So, let me tell you the story of how I brought my blog back from the kiss of death ! (:p)

About 2 years back there was an article in the newspaper about blogs in detail with a few specified links. I was excited about having my own space on the world wide web and crapping about all that I wanted to. But then when I visited those links, I was flabbergasted. People were writing sensible stuff !! I thought I should stick to my good ol' journal and hit that "back" button in the top left corner. I didn't want people to start thinking - "How could such nutcases come and just blab away here?" Bah! Ignorance !!
An year later, a super cool friend of mine, with whom I happen to share similar interests, gives me the link to his blog and asks me to comment. Well, I still remember that post of his about kids who sold those yellow dusters at traffic signals. I was thoroughly touched.
A month later I create my own blog and start writing. Exams come up and I forget all about blogs. After the exams I decide to rekindle my blog and I realize that I've forgotten my username, pwd and even the name of my blog!! (talk abt irresponsibility) I created another account. After more than a year of owning an idle blog, I start posting. What I had when I began this post (Writer's Block) had caught me then too.
A week later I post a poem I had written over 10 years ago, and these 2 totally unknown fellas leave a comment behind. My eyes were literally out of their sockets when I thought that ppl had actually read that and commented?!?!
And today, I qualify very well to make this cliched statement -
"... and the rest is history " ( I feel like a cinema star) (lol!)

|

14 Comments


hmm..... 'success story', huh??

"And today, I qualify very well to make this cliched statement -
"... and the rest is history " ( I feel like a cinema star) (lol!)"

LOL!!

Anonymous says:

And for all those ppl who don't know, I'm that friend who asked her to comment... :p
(konjam publicity enakum kudu)


@ Ashwin:

Thanx to u... otherwise we would never have missed out on a blog super star ... :P
LOL


Nice post for a no idea day...

I am also in the same Phase...
Sad part is that I just started blogging recently. After 7 or 8 posts, some work cameup and was busy for two weeks. When I came back after that two weeks break, battery down... A starting trouble. Waiting to get a correct push...

Anonymous says:

Write what you like, and not what you owe.

Recently there was a related discussion elsewhere.


cinema star!spotlights on!


Kuttichuvaru,
hehe No tensan (:D)

Ashwin,
Oh I didnt want this post to seem like an Oscar speech


Aravind,
adada.. am sure he's gonna be flattered.

Abru,
Nice post????? Whoa, This is one of my most horrible posts ever...
Good luck to u though !


Kishore,
I owe my entry into the blogsdom to Ashwin though..

Sheks,
Oh cut that out ! tchach

Anonymous says:

@ramya:

Oh, you misunderstood what I said... I was referring to the fact that you are still writing something even when you think you are having a writer's block. I mean, I don't think one should be forced into blogging or smth. Writer's block is natural, and most bloggers I have known have had a hiatus at one point or another.

So hope that clears it up.. I wasnt trying to fault with you crediting ashwin ;)


ada...blog aarambikkirate p\oru post a poda laama? Perhaps i will try that on first anniversary of my blog


Kishore,
I did have a block when I started this post,but as I wrote on... the words just flowed out

Harish,
maybe u shd !


oh u should have read my blog earlier..

u'd have thought, "what crap! I can do better", and would have been spurred on to write :)


Ramya, I did'nt say that it is your best post. I said "Nice post for a no idea day...". Coz, it's hard to write anything (Even crap) on a no brain/Idea day...(For me...)

Copyright © 2009 Somethings & Nothings All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Customized by Ramya Shankar