10

Encounters

Posted by Ramya Shankar on Sunday, August 06, 2006
I've come across several characters in the last 18 years of my life. Some have made an impact, some have influenced me, some have just passed by, some have incurred my wrath, and a few are slotted in the top rung of my ladder of friends. A special place indeed.
According to me, friendship doesn't mean to be sticking together all day. The real test of friendship is the ability of a friend to rekindle the fire even after ages.

A bit of ego we might have had,
Numerous fights, some happy some sad,
Those lovely moments,
The many quarrels,
The various squabbles that are yet to come,
Making friendship even stronger in the long run.

I'm sure there will be more people walking in and out of my life. The above statements were made out of my little encounters with the souls branded as friends in my time of existence.

|

10 Comments


athu eppadi oru ramya oru post vittu oru post nalla post ah poduviya ;)

very nice one and very good poem

Anonymous says:

In all human relationships, some friction is inevitable but one has to look at the bigger picture. Today, in the sunday times it has come how best friends become the best busines partners.


Happy Freindship day

>>The many quarrels,
The various squabbles that are yet to come,
Making friendship even stronger in the long run.


I had touched similar thoughts in my recent post!


RS,
thankoo

Ann,
Friends are like finger-prints, each one is different!

Hiren,
havent read that!

Aravind,
Why am i not able to see that post?


my policy in life is very simple .everyday is friendship day....aug 6th is only a capitalist stunt, a pre Christmas sales, of goodies which you buy for your friend...


kausik,
Absolutely true, u don't need a day to celebrate friendship, but it merely gave me an idea for a new post ! :p


Very True Ramya. more people walking in and out of my life, But true friends only listen. Nice to have u in my Blog:)

Anonymous says:

For a minute I thought I'd missed your birthday or something :P


hmm... what would i say ... another 6 years - you would find yourself wiht a new idea or may remain with same idea - because a friend at the age of 15-18 really impact the growing up style - a friend at 18-22 impact the thoughts
22-27 leaves a mark for the rest of life. this concept of friendship will keep changing till the death befriend you or you befriend death

Copyright © 2009 Somethings & Nothings All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Customized by Ramya Shankar