6

Sunday morning

Posted by Ramya Shankar on Sunday, June 06, 2010 in
Ok, so I decided not to give an opportunity to my 5 readers which includes me, my roommate (who I force to read anyways), my mother who thinks she can get to know her daughter's love interests through her blog (ha!), and 2 other people who drop by to find nothing interesting and still leave a comment (oww, thank you guys!) to complain about my long gap between posts. Whew, by the end of that line I'd almost forgotten what I was saying. Talk about me and digressing.

So as the swimming pool outside begins to crowd with women in fancy bikinis with too many knots tied in strategic places and men in modest trunks, I start my sunday morning with Facebook, Twitter and Gmail and a few occasional glances towards the pool. Infact I start my every morning with Facebook, Twitter and Gmail, the added pool glances are merely a weekend affair.

OK, so getting back to the point - Facebook contributes to 75% of my time pass. Thanks to my loyal iPhone (less jealousy please!), I update myself every hour on my friends' relationship statuses, gawk at some display images, wonder how A added B through D who happens to have been my bench mate in 6th standard. All of this is apart from the display of culinary skills by friends who once complained about their college mess food in India and are now making delicious looking, complicatedly spelled desserts in the US. And don't even get me started on the status updates; they range from excited friends going away on vacations to how hot Chennai is (Come on guys, its not like you have been in Alaska all your life and also it doesn't count when you update from an air conditioned room). And there's my cue to switch tabs to Twitter only to find my timeline spammed by Shreya Ghoshal's lack of sleep, Shah Rukh Khan's muscle aches, Abhishek Bachchan's music library shuffling, Sachin Tendulkar's charity work, Paulo Coelho's thathuvams (quotes) and FunnyOneLiner's oh-I've-heard-that-before liners amidst some more of Chennai is so hot ya ! And then of course there's my most loyal timepass - Gmail. I should probably write an entire post dedicated to Gmail; but I'll save that for another day.

What would I do without Gmail in my daily life? It all begins with my mom starting a voice chat to probe about lunch, dinner and then next day's lunch menu with some intermittent touting of how she would not like an American son-in-law and also that buttermilk is better for me than beer. As I appropriately place my "Hmm.. ok maa" I multi-task by providing some intense relationship advice to a friend, reply to unanswered emails and plan my week ahead. No wonder my mom has now started complaining about why is "hmm ok maa" the only thing I've been saying so far.

Oh and just for your information, this post was typed as I did all of the above things and now that my stomach has made its presence felt by grumbling loud enough for everyone to hear, I should hunt down that packet of Maggi and instant soup before beginning to watch random videos on Youtube until its time for dinner ! What - a - life ! :D

|

6 Comments


HAHA!

Most of our lives have started to revolve around FB, gmail/gtalk and twitter.

But well, be glad there are all of the above for you to keep in touch with us at the blink of the eye!

hail technology, baibee! :D


Hey something to rant and thaz what blogs are. We all are hooked on this networking sites and live in this moment.


Seems like you are having a whale of a time. :)

And always listen to your mom.. :)

Waiting for your post on "Gmail". :P


Cool one...after a longggggg time... a simple cool one sans any decorated words :) (not saying those are not nice..but this one is more lovely)

Hmm....Ammas are always lovely arent they :)


While I was reading your post, I was talking to my mom and saying 'Hmm...ok' :D


If I had to summarize my sunday, it would EXACTLY be this. I would make a FEW voice calls though.

I am awaiting gmail to introduce groups of people, so that you can selectively appear online !

I still remember the transition from yahoo to gmail ! It was SO awesome ! ( remember the time when yahoo introduced split view?)

Copyright © 2009 Somethings & Nothings All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Customized by Ramya Shankar