20

Of pain and pleasure

Posted by Ramya Shankar on Friday, October 13, 2006
A fortnight back I got this big urge to get my ear pierced for a second earring. No particular reason, but I just felt like it.
I was all excited until I reached the place and saw the look on others faces while they got their piercing done. The way they cringed and oww'ed and yelped, pushed my morale down my gut. But then pain gives pleasure at times and I reminded myself how this was my sole decision. So I sat down cross legged in front of the man who was to take a chunk (ahem!) of my flesh. Some cream(supposedly) was oozed in order to ease the pain. Seeing the look on my face that read -"Finish-the-damn-thing-fast" he held the cold metal earring against my skin and pressed. A sharp spasm of pain ran through my neck and I was squeezing my mother's palm as tightly as I could. My eyes were shut so tightly that I was sure I'd have tears in my eyes. But no! Before I could curse him for the useless anesthesia he gave, he said "Aachu, andha side" (finished, the other side now) Seeing the expression on my face, he turned my head to the other side and repeated the same thing. Did the man have no sympathy ?It was no better this time. And before I could comment on his lack of sensibility and the likes, the ordeal was over. I got up and gingerly touched my ear lobe. I felt nothing then, but after an hour or so, the so called pain started. They say it lasts for a week or so.
But I'm happy that I got what I like and good things don't come easy ! And today I agree that pain can give pleasure too!

|

20 Comments

Anonymous says:

Ha ! How many more are to come?

Anonymous says:

I accept, its quite an adventure in itself !


hehehe...and i thought it was a fiction...

hey ippo kuzhandhaingalukku kooda azhatha maathiri kaadhu kutharanga illiya.... machine vachu......athu maathiri pannaliya unaku?


U already know what i think about it... Don't really wanna blurt it out here.


>>good things don't come easy

true! true!!


cool!!! got the sms too..but cudn reply cos no paisa on my mobile :D


Ashes,
I've no idea myself. Did u get my text?

Sharanya,
Oh yea! And wats with the look of ur blog?

RS,
Illa illa. That's less painful but more tedious. U have to wear the earring they give u for 10 days and go back to them !

Somu,
Righto :)

Aravind,
:)

Kiki,
Oops ! No problemo!

Anonymous says:

They say it lasts for a week or so.

Honestly,I heard that too,but apart from the momentary pain,it didn't hurt ever again.

Ah,well,2 extra ear peircings,and one none peircing.After a year and a half,they're ALL gone.=D
Call it a phase.=)


Yayyyy!! Welcome to the club!! ;) Doesn't it feel great to look at that extra new thing in your ear every time you look at the mirror? :D Make sure it doesn't get closed, though!


Ramyaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! Super cool di!!!! wanna see u girl!! foto eduthiya di??? yeannaku annupudi!!

seri, adhuthathu, piercing nose ah??? :P


piercing earaaa? Sema painfula irundhirkume?

@ Krithika
cool!!! got the sms too..but cudn reply cos no paisa on my mobile :D


Eppadi irukkum ellam unnoda bf kooda pesikite irundha eppadi irukum?

Jus' kidding!

@ Prithz

Ramyaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! Super cool di!!!! wanna see u girl!! foto eduthiya di??? yeannaku annupudi!!


appadiye enakkum.... :)


Hamsini,
Phase indeed! :D

Vani,
It sure does feel good and yes I'll make sure it doesnt close up!

Prithz,
Pic ah? Nerula varum podhu paaru ! Bowling vera due ! :D

karthik b.s
U seem to be directing your comment at everyone except me ! This is my blog remember? :D


Adi paavi.... kowthitiye di!!! grrrrrrrr.... seri seri.. ooruku vandhe paakaren...


Good for you! :)


Ok, this comment is only for u :)

Nice post... wonderful post... awesome post.... mind-blowing post... Podhuma? :)


hey how come it was painful?
I got my ear pierced recently.. I just never felt the pain..

In fact, my friend was with me and she refused to look at my ear bcos apprently it started bleeding but i never felt it :-D


Prithz,
Will forward diwali pics :)

KK,
Yep! :)

Karthik B.S
Hmph !

R.E.B.E.L
Prolly u got a gunshot kinda thing done? Mine was manual. Anasthesia and then press the earring onto the flesh with a needle like tool!


Ramya.. mine was manual too.. No gun shot! :-)


Rebel,
Didn't it hurt? Maybe the anasthesia wasn't effective in my case ! :d


en ponnu t'nagar iyay oru kalaku kalakital, kathu kuthum pothu :)

Copyright © 2009 Somethings & Nothings All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Customized by Ramya Shankar