20

Tales Redefined

Posted by Ramya Shankar on Monday, May 08, 2006
I got reminded about the tale of the hat vendor and the monkeys as I was crusading along East Coast Road last night. I know there is no relation between the both, lets just assume I decided to think about monkeys and the first thing that popped into my mind was the story about the hat vendor and the monkeys ! We're all familiar with that right? Well, let me add a sequel to it.

40 years after the death of that hat seller, his grandson takes on the legacy. He works really hard and makes better hats.On a hot summer afternoon he too falls asleep under the same tree which once provided shade to his grandfather. When he woke up, as expected the hats were gone! Ah! His grandfather had told him what to do, he removed his hat and pelted it on the floor. Much to his astonishment, the monkeys didn't do so. One of them came running down the tree and told the hat vendor which left him boggled.
The monkey said -
" I had a grandfather too who told me what to do !"


|

20 Comments

Anonymous says:

hat seller and the monkey!what tale is tht?havent heard of it?


hahahaha... lol... gr8 one ramya!!!


eiii, nethikku Youth padam paarthuttu thane intha reelu vittiruke....

ithula ECR pogumbothu inspiration vanthucho :->


have only heard abt korangu kaiyila pumalai....idhi enna pudhusa korangu thalayila hat?


i knew that! i knew that! i knew that!


You met me yesterday and the ECR cruise was just after that... Why wud u be reminded of a monkey ?


Nice one...

But engayoo ketta maathiri irukke...???

I'm adding a link to this blog, from my homepage.

Anonymous says:

i think the version i heard had the monkey running down and giving the grandson a tight slap before remarking .... "you think only you have a grandfather, is it !" .... *grin*


haha nice one .. redefined indeed.. East coast road - so long time since I saw that.. saw a movie onnce in a drive in theatre there - dont remember the name.. hmm


hi hi hi


ha ha .. the moment i think of monkey all i remember is the describtion of monkey in Tamil literature " Kuttrala kuravanji"
It has described so poetic with legacy of the mischeif of monkey that do jumping from jack fruit tree, to mangoes then to banana with its naughtiness with female monkeys that makes Indra to get jellous of..


Sheks,
Too bad !

Prithz,
Thanks :)

RS,
naa vijay padam laam paaka maaten


Mark,
Yesh, idhuvum adhey korangu thaan...

Sujith,
Glad u knew :)

Somu,
err... ummm...uhhh...


naan ithu already kelvi patturukken :-)


Abru,
Sure :)

Dante,
monkey slapping??? tch tch!

Vivhyd,
Prarthana I suppose?


Badri,
:)

Manoj,
laughing thaane??

Known Stranger,
Havent heard of that one..

Kuttichuvaru,
and I tot i was having brainwaves! Cha!


oh ya.. it was prarthana.. thgh i was in the seating area and not in a car.. went to watch Kushi..

Anonymous says:

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

Anonymous says:

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

Copyright © 2009 Somethings & Nothings All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Customized by Ramya Shankar