7

Dreams on Fire

Posted by Ramya Shankar on Wednesday, March 24, 2010 in ,
I miss mommy!
I miss driving my bike!
I don't want to cook my food and do the dishes.
I want to eat all the sugary stuff and not worry about becoming fat.
I positively don't want to be doing my laundry, especially not once in 2 weeks.
I want to play literature with Mad and call her Nehru.
I want to eat Bhel Puri and cone ice at Anand Bakery.
I want to hang out at Dappy's with the foosas and pull her cat's tail till it snarls at me.
I want sleepless weekends at ATn watching old Kamal movies.
I want junk jewelry from Pondy Bazaar platform shops.
I want samosa channa at Hot Chips after that.
I want the Holi of 2002.
I miss my lazy evening strolls.
But I do like what I have halfway across the world now.

I thought I'd get here earlier than in 5 years. But, what the heck - this is my 200th post and I don't have anything better to write than what I am currently dreaming / craving/ missing.

PS: The title because as I wrote down this post, I could almost listen to a completely off-key version of the song from Slumdog in my head.

|

7 Comments


rumz..enadhu idhu ore senti sentiyaa..miss u sooo much..


a direct from heart post..from romie after a longggggggg time :)


May be its time for you to visit soon India:))


I liked the first line.
We all miss our mothers.

Nice post! :) Enjoyed reading it. :)


Home sick, eh? :)..doesn't matter - even this will pass!


Mad,
Miss u too girl!

RS,
:)

Priya,
Sadly, not anytime soon! :(

Chandrika Shubham,
Thanks & welcome here ! :)

Anu,
Not really home sickness, but yeah what the hell, it passes ! :P


Hey ramya.. I just came across your blog while i was randomly surfing the net ( I clearly have a lot of free time on my hands :|).Really well written stuff..! And i must say, i do love the template you have used..! If u dont mind me asking, where did you chance upon it???

Copyright © 2009 Somethings & Nothings All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Customized by Ramya Shankar