7

Definitely unsure

Posted by Ramya Shankar on Wednesday, March 10, 2010 in , ,
I've been feeling extremely restless and confused for the past couple of days. I don't know what's gotten into me but I seem to be unable to make any decisions for myself. For the uninitiated, I am an extremely organized person and absolutely cannot work until I have my plan sorted out. Sometimes that does include where I would be 5 days from now and what I would be doing. No matter how impulsive I may be, my other side is a fully-functional time-table. Sometimes I anticipate things so much in advance that any small change in schedule puts me off track. And of course there are the deadlines. I've been wanting to finish this one report for almost a week and a half now and I'm nowhere close to even beginning it. Procrastination is my middle name! :P
And then there's my obsession for change. I get bored really easily and need changes at short intervals. Sometimes I wish for something, and when I'm close to getting it, I start dreading it.
I really should loosen up a little but then I get so conscious about the amount of time I waste and all the work that has piled up. I'm throwing quite a fit now. I feel completely out of order and need to pull my life back on track. I'm supposed to be on holiday this week, but it feels nothing like it. I'm getting claustrophobic with the place I'm in. Deadlines and projects are bothering me. I want to be in a place where I can't be long, because reality throws me out. I want a life full of passion and no pressures. And knowing that my chosen path is nothing like it, I find it hard to accept, sometimes even tempted to switch. I dread the unpredictability as much as I love the change.
Dear lord, get me out of this ! Grant me some sanity !

|

7 Comments


As a student you gotto do what you have to do. No excuses isn't it. Its all in the mind and if you pressure/ stress u only sit to wait and think wat to do. Just write down wat u have to do for today and the remaining time, finish off your other works. Its not easy, but if u r done with it, u r free.

Anonymous says:

If you are definitely unsure about anything, then you are definitely right 50% of the time.

Also ain't some wise being said 'All human progress depends upon procrastinators'.

Take some credit.

- M S


I read this just two days back!

As human beings we seem to dislike uncertainty to a certain extent and without that uncertainty life probably wouldn't be half interesting.

It IS a transitory-crisis. So don't let confusions eat you.


>>I am an extremely organized person and absolutely cannot work until I have my plan sorted out. Sometimes that does include where I would be 5 days from now and what I would be doing. No matter how impulsive I may be, my other side is a fully-functional time-table. Sometimes I anticipate things so much in advance that any small change in schedule puts me off track.

I am appointing you as a Project Manager in my yet-to-be-named someday-might-be-started Software Company... We shall sort out other details in the HR discussion... :)


This too shall pass.

Take a break. Come back and attack it from a different angle.

All the best! :)


but pressure makes diamonds out of just coal :-p


You sound a bit like I used to be when I was a student :) Not that I am much better now!

Copyright © 2009 Somethings & Nothings All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Customized by Ramya Shankar