16

Make believe

Posted by Ramya Shankar on Saturday, February 21, 2009 in ,
Sometimes I feel like I live in a fantasy world of my own. I pretend to be a princess living in an astronomically huge castle with winding stone staircases and windows as big as movie screens. I have birds and little animals for friends. Twitter twitter they say.
I have no other work than to doll myself up in flowing lace gowns and plait my long hair with satin ribbons. My chores would be to weave silk, sing dulcet melodies with the birds and nibble nuts. The biggest confusions in my life would be to choose between chestnut, maple and oak. I would occasionally be haunted by nightmares that consist of the nefarious witch who tries to kill me with a poisoned pear. The handsome prince fills up my dreams and rescues me on his white stallion that gallops faster than lightning. No, he does not wear a suit of armor, he likes to show off!
We would eat grapes from the vineyards, walk around pine trees at twilight and sigh lovingly at the moon. Time would be our slave and happiness would pave the path to destiny.


How I wish !

|

16 Comments


slap slap slap... wake up baby.. ur sleep time is over... Lolzz..

i still dream of such fantasies.. ermmm more of day dreaming... :-) a mix of sleeping beauty, Cinderella, Rapunzel and snow white... i think we had an overload of these Fairy Tales.. wat say???

but seriously!! these are much better than wat we undergo in daily life.. Hakeekath mein nahi tho, SApne mein hi sahi


haha cute!

but for a person like me, I'd be so bored by a life like that :)

I'd slap the Prince n get him to work lol!

Keshi.


Is this your dream or your wish ? Anyways, your writing literally made me visualize the scene in my mind, that was awesome.

Enna, innum konjam cinematic aa irundhurukalaam ... background la white and white gown la periya periya feathers oada girls aadaraa maadhiri, our kutty baaradhi raaja padam paarthaa maadhiri irundhurukum la :)


ahh.. those dreams that we have :)

nice world you have there... keep it alive :)

take care... cheers...


Rat,
Seriously, what we don't get in real lives is left for the imagination to exploit! I'm not complaining! :D

Keshi,
Ofc, the prince is going to chop the woods, light the fire and cook the food! Who did you think was going to do that ? Me? No way! :P


Satish,
What else? Thotta Tharani sets and ARR for background score? Maybe Prabhu Deva could choreograph too ?:P

Arv,
Thank you ! :)


wowww..woww...something i always expected from u romie...a fantasy story...... jooooper ah ezhuthirukke... only complaint is it is just a paragraph long...

some full fledged story puhleese :)

to talk about the post...appadiye it made my mind imagine the fantasy world that you had painted.. :)


RS,
Good things come in small packages! :D


Cool Post
Seems like an Hang-over after watching some walt-disney's classic animation :)

~ Just Blog-walking


I like the way you have written it.. but i dont like what you have written :P


Sanity in a world of insanity,
Pretty much! Welcome to Somethings & Nothings!

Neha,
I can understand why ! :P


:) sometimes imagination can be more addictive than cocaine or hashish...beautiful images painted through your words.


This comment has been removed by the author.

fairy tale story..

awww...



ammu.


The last adam,
Imagination can also lead to madness if they're too unreal! :D

Tulip,
:)


reminds me of the dream scene of vineetha (dont know if i am mentioning that rite) and Vadvelu in the film 'Muthu' lol

was he too like Vadivelu ;)

Copyright © 2009 Somethings & Nothings All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Customized by Ramya Shankar