5

Weird display names and shopaholics

Posted by Ramya Shankar on Thursday, January 29, 2009 in , , ,
What's with people on social networking sites changing their display names to an incomprehensible mess of symbols like @ ! |< instead of using alphabets to spell out their name ? Honestly, its definitely not a nice way to display your creativity according to me! It gets even worse when they have a celebrity's picture for display and it really gets on my short fused nerves. I don't care if you have Santa Claus as your display image, but do spell out your name, for you exist on someone's friend list not just to increase your friend count as a measure of your coolness. Or wait a minute, is that really why ? And you're provided with a status message tab to notify people of your updates, why change the display name making it all the worse to recognize you? Oh whatever!

I've been reading too many books of lately, and the latest to the list is "The Secret Dreamworld of a Shopaholic". Honestly speaking, I fell for its glossy cover texture and the affable print. (Dear lord, the cover is pink !) Anyways, its a typical chick-lit book, and there was a point when I threw the book down in mere frustration. But now that I'm done with it, I feel really funny about it, in a ridiculous way. Now I'm dying to watch the movie adaptation of the book. Also, I'm waiting to watch the TV premiere of Oceans 13 tomorrow. George Clooney, Matt Damon, Brad Pitt. Drool.

|

5 Comments


veliya sollika mudiyaadha peraa irukkum :). In my office one of my colleague's email id is "Pthinra", his full name is "Palani Thinraju". Ippo avana, yaaraavadhu email id enna nu ketaa, avanaala solla mudiyumaa ?? appadiyae sonnaalum, periya kalavaram illa vedikkum ;))


Stylishhhhhhh and cooooooool :)

very nice stuff..but xpect a lot out of u girlie.....


Bingo!! I'm game for fraandship requests, but how many nameless profiles with trisha on the dp can i accept :P ATleast if they had shreya ghoshal it'd make sense ;-) Nice writeup. Ignored the book review part of it coz i happened to have lost the habit of reading books somewhere in the jungles of amazon ;)


haha. go check your orkut display name :P


Satish,
:P

RS,
Expect? I'm just voicing my thoughts.

Vijay,
Adangave maatiya nee? :P

Neha,
You don't even have your real name as your display name! And mine is a lot more better than /\ |\| ! |-| |_
At least its readable, Ha! :P

Copyright © 2009 Somethings & Nothings All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Customized by Ramya Shankar