8

Spring in the step

Posted by Ramya Shankar on Saturday, April 30, 2011 in ,
Yes, it's that time of the semester when you must say sympathetic things like "This too shall pass" and motivate me to look for the light at the end of the tunnel. Oh and what a dark and long tunnel this has been. No, this doesn't mean I've spotted the light yet. Unless one of you decides to hold a torch or something and guide me out. I'm still groping around in the dark. Spring is absolutely gorgeous. The birds, pink flowers, frequent thunderstorms, the first hint of green. I love it so much that I can't stop tearing up every time I step out. #allergies What would I do without my big bumblebee shades and a big roll of Kleenex that I carry everywhere!

Anyhow, this has clearly been my most challenging and demanding semester ever. Every time I breathe a sigh of relief, something else comes up to take its place. Every weekend is spent bringing things up to speed and I'd rather not talk much about my weekdays. I'm a proactive person and all these constantly changing schedules and deadlines are pushing me to my wits end. My planner has seen so many changes that it actually gave up on me. It is true, grad life really teaches you to handle pressure like nothing else in life. Only maybe next to parenthood - but it's too early to comment on that.

Excessive amounts of caffeine have been consumed over the last few weeks. My blood should be brown by now, I think. I also need to lose this habit of eating ice cream with cookies post 2AM. Oh and caramel pop corn - MUST STOP BUYING THEM AGAIN! Did you know "Naked" makes all these yummy gooey protein shakes with the weirdest of ingredients. They're so expensive, but they are fattening me up with some good stuff. Who said you eat less during summer? I seem to be hungry all the time. Oh wait, summer isn't here until end of June. Weird country, I tell you. 

Wait a minute, I didn't intend to talk about food ! Well, too late! I've clearly lost it or someone has spiked my morning coffee.

Yeah, you may pour sympathies now. OkThanksBye!

|

8 Comments


For someone who is growing up with a thought that completing Engineering and starting with grad school would be a transition from pressure to pleasure this is a shocker :D

Pro-tip: You can pressure yourself more by reminding yourself "If spring comes can winter be far behind"


Ice cream and caramel pop corn my favo' too. But now a days I slowly try to avoid eating too much. I still have the caramel pop corn but trying to stop eating pretty much.


Haha... super disoriented post you have here! Here's hoping things do pass soon - and in the meantime, continue feasting on the caramel popcorn and the ice cream. Heck, who cares about calories as long as we feel better yeah?


Good one!!! Shows the enthu and the vibrant nature in you is very much alive and kicking :)

Keep rocking :)


Vignesh,
Sure. Grad life does bring with it pleasures like growing your hair out, drinking beer, not wearing poonal and more. :P

Priya,
Same here. I can't stop myself from buying it.


Vani,
Thanks, the worst is over. :)

RS,
Enthu aa? My kashtam has become an enthu for you?! What has this world come to, Lord Rama!


Thats a good one, something special in the words. Keep it up.


I expect another post about you successfully finishing this semester with flying colors.. and of course update on your calories too. :)

Copyright © 2009 Somethings & Nothings All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Customized by Ramya Shankar