17

Clumsy games

Posted by Ramya Shankar on Sunday, April 19, 2009 in , ,
I have never been good at outdoor sports. My foray into sports started and ended with swimming (which I am thankfully good at!) and badminton! I still recall the days when I used to watch(I'm just too ashamed to call it fielding) all my cousins play cricket or volleyball in the lanes near our house. I was always asked to "stand the farthest and run after the ball if it ever came in my direction. But most of the times, it wouldn't. And whenever I was asked to throw a ball, it would never take a parabolic path and always end up in all the possible wrong directions like a wimp! Oh forget that, to catch a ball, it just takes too much of an effort for me to see the ball when thrown and coordinate the locomotion accordingly. In the name of catching, I would end up clapping my hands together and closing my eyes hoping the thing would miraculously land in my hands somehow. Some of the times, I would even end up sprawling on all fours with my vain attempts. That was when my family(who apparently are good at some sport or the other) decided that I was never going to even be mediocre on the track or manage to catch something that was thrown to me. Trust me, they would party if I ever caught something. I think its mainly because I have an innate talent of being clumsy. I can't walk from one place to another without bumping my foot against something, or upsetting stuff that was placed on the way. My mother would still yell "Careful" when I stood anywhere remotely close to her favorite vase! And whenever my aunts asked me to carry stuff, my mum used to watch me like a hawk, waiting to clean up after I'd tumbled or spilled. Regrets apart, I've had my share of running around and covering myself with mud and scraping my knees and palms during games and a sound share of blasphemy from mom and a good dosage of tetanus for the same.
Anyways, I'm a definitely a little less clumsy now and put all my efforts into behaving ladylike.
Hey, where's the appreciation? :P

|

17 Comments


if you are that clumsy then you should probably try this out.

http://i.cnn.net/money/popups/2006/fsb/offbeat_schools/knife_throwing.jpg

:P


Claps.
Claps..
Claps...

<< Standing oviation >>

:)

actually for the piece you have written....and not for your plays :)

engineering degree vaanginaalum vaangine...antha effect konjam overaa than theriyuthu..... parabolic path, locomotion nu.... enna konjam Ist year Physics ah irukku :)


This post of yours actually made me to feel as if I am reading a "Konaar Notes" for Physics :)))) oru catch pudikaradha scientific aa analyze panni ezhudhinaa maadhiri teriyudhe :)

Anonymous says:

i concur- romba scientific only it is!

and to hell with the ladylike part - don't let societal pressure get to you! :D gone are the days when ladies were elegant, and oh-so-perfect. look at us - aren't we ladylike even though we are clumsy?

oh and i LOVE your theme! damn cool!


I wasnt that great at outdoor sports either, but now Im all for outdoor activities :)

Keshi.


Thats Klutzy Ramya all over.

People being clumsy in their childhood go on to become successful in their future. History tells so. Ask Einstein.


Kausik,
Paradise !! :D

RS,
I used only 2 words and adhukke ipdi ah?

Satish,
Catch pudikardha explain pannen, adhu ungaluku scientific ah iruka ?:P

Moni,
Enna di scientific, 4 years media sciences padichaa physics lam marandhu pochaa ? So that way, you like my theme eh ? :P

Keshi,
Maybe I'd outgrow it soon!

BSK,
Einstein would probably be turning over in his grave! Ipdi sollite!


Impressed by the layout and the Template, cool


Wow nice theme :) I was really clumsy as a child too . . .luckily you grew out of it . . . .I'm still just as clumsy :P Congrats on graduating!I really enjoy reading your blog, especially the short stories, very nice :)

(*)


Applause.......


Pazhaya template'y nalla irundhuchu.. thu.

//Einstein would probably be turning over in his grave!//

FYI, Einstein was cremated. Ippa inna pannuva.. :P


Sanity in the world of insanity,
Thank you for everything! :)


17ans,
Whoever said I grew out of it, I'm still trying! :P
Thank you and do keep visiting! :)


Vinod R Iyer,
Curtsies! Thank you :)

BSK,
Lucky him! He's probably going to haunt you in your dreams next !:P


my personal trainer used to say i hv 'sportsmen's calf'. whatever it means..

but i can't play any sports!


ammu.


Tulip,
Sports freaks and their strange terms!!
Its not that I can't play, I just happen to take a long while to get used to a game! :P


hahahah

ur a crazy chick..but hey now if ure ladylike..u certainly grew up..lol :)

vyo

Copyright © 2009 Somethings & Nothings All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Customized by Ramya Shankar