13

Hope can set you free

Posted by Ramya Shankar on Friday, November 07, 2008 in ,
I was watching The Shawshank Redemption again yesterday! And hence my favorite line from the movie has inspired an entire post. I've written enough about the importance of hope in my life. I thrive on it every single day till god knows when! I wish my blog lives to be written about that day sometime further down the lane.
There are a dozen things I want to do right now. But its not always that you're wishes are fulfilled instantly. There are compromises, adjustments, postponing, reluctance and so much more standing in your way. It won't take long to topple them down and go ahead with what I want to do, but waiting for the opportune moment has become an integral part of my life. When you do it for so long, it becomes a part of you, and when things go right, you tend to doubt their existence.
And that's when you hope - you hope things remain the same forever, you hope time moves faster at times, and you hope against all the hope hopen !!
Right now, I just wish people would agree to my whims and let me proceed with my rebellious and opposing ideas! Period.

|

13 Comments


first.. :)


Hope(s) was a famous college in Coimbatore. :D

Eventhough Thiruvalluvar once said "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment", he balanced it by adding quickly "There is no worse death than the end of hope."

So lets hope our hope never dies out.


//I just wish people would agree to my whims and let me proceed with my rebellious and opposing ideas! Period.//

Amen!


Standard of english has gone up these days in ur posts romie :) GREat Change eh :p

This is one subject you had been time and again keep writing on...but there had been some remarkable transformation and a show of maturity over the years.... :)


Lovable post from you and thaz lifes reality.


hey that was really nice wat u said...
keep them comin...


@BSK,
Haha, Hoping for hope to not die out?, now that's something! !

@RS,
I noticed the change too, but ultimately I think its the love for the language surfacing! :)

@Priya & !ky,
Thank you :)


May your hopes soon turn into reality. :)

I am waiting for that day's post when your hopes shall merely be reflected as memories of past ;)


missed a lot of posts but finally back i guess ...(standard reply of a guy who did not read the post)(battery low long time no talk hope you well )

Anonymous says:

hope will set you free... magaraasiya irumaa.. aaseervathangaL :)

www.themetamorphosisbegins.wordpress.com


The waiting can be quite a pain. And it is highly difficult to hope for good things/things you want to happen when everything you do goes wrong .. Hope that you get to where you wanted .. Hope ..


"And that's when you hope - you hope things remain the same forever, you hope time moves faster at times, and you hope against all the hope hopen !!" --> Too much of hope eh ;-))


pree,
the wait seems endless le ? :p

kausik,
all well! sorry for the late reply!

hey raam,
mikka nandri :)

vinod r iyer,
absolutely. . thanks anyways :)

karthick prabu,
we all live in that bubble called hope!

Copyright © 2009 Somethings & Nothings All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Customized by Ramya Shankar