12

Orchard

Posted by Ramya Shankar on Sunday, May 20, 2007 in
I had heard a lot about Orchard Road here. All I knew before I visited the place was that, Orchard was Mecca for Shopaholics in Singapore. How could I miss the place then ? The place is the central entertainment and luxury shopping belt in Singapore. Lined and bathed beautifully in a sea of colors, Orchard definitely is a delight to the ones with a hefty wallet. Coz, one look at the malls, and I realized that the place is ideal only for window shopping and some power walking. Most of the malls here carry the concept of "Everything under one roof". Right from Cosmetics, Crystals, China, Clothing and even a shop for condoms!! - Orchard has it all.
The malls that line this road boast of the top notch international designer labels like Armani, DKNY, Dior, Gucci, Prada, D&G, Yves Saint Laurent and many more. I was really tempted to buy this Gucci bag that looked really sleek and suave, but the moment I saw the price tag and had calculated the equivalent in Indian Rupees, I was confident that if it had been my mother, she'd have had a mini cardiac arrest on seeing it. Apart from all this, there are several souvenir stalls, food courts, juice bars and many performing artists outside the malls who keep up the spirits of the tired shoppers. This one particular college's percussion band had most shoppers halt and tap their feet to their peppy rhythms. There are a few spas where you can pamper yourself and a few other major hotels too but, ultimately, its difficult to find anything strenuous to do at Orchard than shop, shop and shop till you drop !
Oh lord! My blog is turning into a Singapore Tourism Board advertisement !!!

|

12 Comments


i always thought it was 'orchid road' and not orchad road. i dunno maybe ur rite.
it was the place where i use to booze out with my frnds. LOLS..
njoi,,

sharad


There are a couple of shops in orchard that houses stuff affordable for folks like us :D


when coming to KL?:P its another shopping paradise!
*mini advert for KL


ammu.


Wow! Good 2 c u having a great time :) Update more pics ;) Hehehe.. Kannuku kulirchiya ethathu paapom :P


ha ha.... ennamo vaangara stuff-kku nee pay panna poraa maathiri buildup kudukkariye Rumz!!


su-veet! haffun in spore girl.

Purnima.

psst- dude, u gotta let me leave comments that dont require me to sign in! :(:(:( puhlees.


Sharad,
Its Orchid near the zoo and Orchard the shopping road. :)

Pree,
Yes yes, that's exactly where I went ! :D

Tulip,
Don't really tempt me, I'm leaving for India in 2 weeks !


Ponnarasi,
Lol ! Sure ! :)

Smallwall,
No damage ! Its okaay !!

S0ul,
Danke ! ooooh, anon eh ? I've got shitheads wasting time on my comment box that way ! So. no !


h dear lord, my blog is turning into a Singapore Tourism Board advertisement !!

Therinjaana seri!:P


//Oh dear lord, my blog is turning into a Singapore Tourism Board advertisement !!!//

The next thing that hit my eyes were the Google Adsense... your blog surely looks like a singapore tourism site with those ads to complement your blog :)


hmmm... Singapore ku eppo pona nee? Hope u enjoyed ur stay there.


Hams & KK,
Charged guilty, but not for long ! :D

BSK,
Naa Singapore vandhu almost 20 days aachu !

Copyright © 2009 Somethings & Nothings All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Customized by Ramya Shankar