24

Are you an Evangelist ?

Posted by Ramya Shankar on Tuesday, February 13, 2007
When someone asked me if I was an evangelist, my pathetic vocabulary skills proudly returned a null. I stared back with a quizzical look on my face. An evangelist is a person who passionately pursues what he likes the most, or simply a person who spreads joy.
There I stood, with the world spinning around me, introspecting whether my presence made any significant changes or was I just another girl who meant nothing to the ones around her ? I've always believed and sworn to the fact that the world will show you its beautiful backside if you are the snobbish, moody, every-sighing soul.
Are you the types who lead a mundane, moribund, mechanical life doing things that you wished you could change/alter ? Do you go to your workplace/college/school every morning wondering -"Why the hell am I here?" But then have
you ever thought of it this way ? People who see that ugly constipated contorted look on your face every morning, tend to lose their little spark of enthusiasm that they had preciously obtained after an introspection like mine? ;) Negative aura spreads quickly, but positive thoughts are more infectious.
Go back to that point of time in your life when we wanted to become astronauts, pilots, soldiers, superheroes, painters and even poets!! Where did all that enthusiasm go ? Are we afraid of people who snicker at our dreams ? Disappointments and fear flourish in our heart & minds.
Yes, I am an evangelist! Of course I do have my mood-swings, hard days and downfalls, but then who doesn't?
Go enroll for those salsa classes, eat those extra pieces of chocolate, find time to talk, enjoy the sunshine, listen to some soul-enriching music, read a good word, feel good about yourself!
And please burn your to-do lists. :D
Am I more special than you ? Yes, because I've found my cause !

|

24 Comments


hey sweet one.......wonderful and nice post........ Language wise better than previous (even though i like the previous one better for it's content)

Enna onnu konjam marketing ad maathiri irukku :p over enthu eh?

Law of averages work out aaagle and thatz a sweet surprise indeed :)

Anonymous says:

So when do I enroll for your counseling classes ?
What's the fees ma'am ?!?


Hey good one, nicely written.


same as ashes.. i cud use some counselling too .. :).. Nowadays as long as u dont harm anyone u have done enough in th world, so it seems.. well written and inspiring..


awesome inspirational post!!! way to go, gal!


You should write a Evangelist guide!!

And you're absolutely right when you say that positive thoughts are infectious!!


*an evangelist!


Hey thats a kewl and strong message...
I am an evangelist too if it means what you said :D I am trusting you on that....
I agree with you... thats why I prefer to have a smile always irrespective of how I feel... I also try to enjoy whatever i do though I dont like it really... Gud Post!!


couldn't agree with you more! and thats a great message, seriously!! we definitely need more evangelists!

Anonymous says:

Honestly girl, u make me think twice if you're 19 or 90 !
But I couldn't agree with u more on this front ! You proved that you are an evangelist by merely spreading this thought!


may be its just me thinking... but 'Evangelist' is term used for a missionary preacher of the gospel [/technical defn.- bearer of good tidings, particularly (in a religious sense) such as assure us of our own salvation and the damnation of our neighbors].

anyways, whatz in words? thoughts thatz all it matters..

Anonymous says:

i liked the picture. feels so free!


You quite matured in your writing.


thought provoking!

btwn, thanks for the visit & Happy V-day.


=ammu=


Perfectly said...


RS,
hehehe, marketing ad eh ? What would I market for anyways ? :D

Ashes,
I'm not opening any counseling classes, but I could register ur name in a lot of other places!! What say ? ;)

Saranya Kishore,
Thanks, and u by anyway a Psbbian ?


Vivhyd,
No counseling n all ! Chi chi! I totally agree, living a simple life in itself is a herculean task these days!

Aravind,
Thankoo! :D

Juggernought,
Not a bad idea, I'll give it a thought! :D


KK,
Its more about spreading joy and positive vibes and pursuing what you like. And smiling is awesome, it forces the other person to smile too!

VBK,
Of course, with the number of pessimists and paranoids uniting, evangelists are the need of the hour!


Divya,
Age laam disclose panra? Adingu ! And thanks! :) Orey oru doubt, which divya is this ?

Yuva,
That is the bookish meaning, but there's more to it that asks for deeper understanding. Evangelists are those who initiate people towards +ve thoughts and that's exactly what the preachers do too right ?


Pravin,
and did u read the post ? :D Thanks anyways!

Priya,
Danke ! :)

Tulip,
Thanks, to u too! :)

Harish,
back after long ? Thanks!

Anonymous says:

Good one!
I guess you might also want to add
'do atleast one thing you are passionate about in a day' in your list.

btw, my buddy gowrisankar tells me u r related to him. Small world :)


Prabukarthik,
Yes, it mite be a li'l hard to include that in the schedule, but yes it wud be gr8 if u could !
And yes, small world indeed! :D


well said... am an evangelist too...
trying to put up a smile at others even if itz the toughest of times for me.. easily said than done, nah?


like ur writing style. am sure i will frequent more :)

Copyright © 2009 Somethings & Nothings All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Customized by Ramya Shankar