22

Dear Diary...

Posted by Ramya Shankar on Wednesday, November 01, 2006 in
Memories leapt out at Vikram out of his diary as he flipped the memoirs in ink. Sitting at his oak paneled study, elbows propped up against the smooth wood, fingers knit together and eyes absorbing all that they could in the harsh light against the diary.

October 27th 2004
... Maldives is so beautiful. Every minute spent here is going to be etched in my memory. The calm beaches, the mellow wind and of course Rina.I love everything about her. That smooth skin, that mysterious smile,those dark eyes, that lovely dimple, the shy laughter.. Thank you God for having entwined our lives.....

August 11th 2005
We just moved into this new palace of a house. Rina has so tastefully furnished it. But still, she should have listened to me about that lighting idea. The room looks a little too dull and gloomy. Well, yeah, we had a fight. i can't bear to see those eyes teary. Let me go and cheer her up...

October 23rd 2005
.... Its our first anniversary today. We went to the temple and just returned. Can't tell you how happy I am today. I hope this joy lasts forever. I never could want anything else in life. I'm so content. Must get ready now for the party. Rina's already ready....

December 8th 2005
.... Rina is 3 months pregnant. I can't believe there is going to be a little Vikram/Rina soon in this house. Must start working on those name and nappy issues. She wants a girl though...

Vikram turned a fresh page in his diary to chronicle a new entry. His hands trembled as he held the pen against the paper. He couldn't form the words. They somehow seemed to refuse to get to his hands from his head. He leaned back against the leather chair and closed his eyes tight. He let the tears flow. He was enveloped by memories. Sounds filled his ears. Her laughter, her voice, screaming, noises and bang the crying of an infant.

July 1st 2006
Rina left the world today and all I have is her token of love to me that looks so much like her. I miss you !

|

22 Comments


I like ur style of writing, but the story was, well sorry to say this, but it was predictable.


why should you end ur stories on a sad note???


aww no..:(..why did she have to die?


may rina rest in peace. amen.


Wow! thats a nice write up... Why is life always like this??? Cant we ever have "and they lived happily ever after"?


why death???
always need happy ending...
nice story:)

Anonymous says:

Life is not full of joy forever and we have to know what is death and sorrow in between the joys we share. Good one:-))


well written..
but though happy endings may be cliche, i still prefer happy endings !! :D

Anonymous says:

awww, i love tragedies.. am a sucker for all things going wrong! :)
nice work..


what a sad ending - how r u dear

sorry have been busy n on leave

Anonymous says:

Loved the style of portrayal ! Different !

Anonymous says:

Intriuging.I'm a sucker for happy endings though.LOL,I guess everybody
s shouting at you for ending it this way!:P


As soon as I started reading, I figured out Rina is gonna be dead..

:-(


goood!
:)


Raghav,
It was intended to be !

Balaji,
Not everything shall end this way ! :)

Anu,
She had her own reasons to!

Kausik,
Amen !

KK,
That's coz most of the times life's like this ! :D Wait on, those shall come too !


Ramanujam ,Aravind & Hamsini
Thanks, the happy ones will follow soon!

Priya & Snenon,
Right! Thanks :)

S0ul,
Lol ! I'm the one who makes thigs go wrong !


Visit,
Me good too! Got my mail ?

Venkatesh,
Good for u ! Looks like most of the others did too !

Sujith,
U're back !! :D

Anonymous says:

me likes story. but me not likes sad ending! :(


ramya.....beautiful story.......

climax i think everyone have misunderstood...i dont think Rina has died......

>>July 1st 2006
Rina left the world today and all I have is her token of love to me that looks so much like her. I miss you !
Please complete your space mission to MARS and try to return soon

intha last line add paniruntha clear ah irunthirukkum..correeeta? :p


Hmmm... Good One :)


I'll come back for a happy story. I like happy stories.


can something be written like this. oh my friend i loved this narration but i was expecting that the dairy will find the same love as hate and thne getting to first to october 27th to marutious with tina

Copyright © 2009 Somethings & Nothings All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Customized by Ramya Shankar