16

past present future

Posted by Ramya Shankar on Monday, December 26, 2005


The moment I tell people that I'm the only daughter to my parents,

And the moment I add on that I'm the only girl child in my whole family,

And next I say, I'm the youngest of the lot,

The immediate response is " Oh! A pampered girl !"

But I definitely don't think so.

Family.. Relatives..Cousins.. I've longed for these. Not that I'm orphaned.

I've grown the first 11 years of my life away from relatives, just with my parents and paternal grandparents. I do remember occasional visits by relatives, but still I never got to know anyone of them well. The day we landed in Chennai 7 years back, I was totally new to southern customs, traditions, relatives and even the language.

Nothing helped, I had no friends, for I was new to the city. No siblings to share things or thoughts with. I used to long for a brotherly love and affection.

But then, things changed. The secluded girl grew out of her cocoon. She is now totally different to what she had been.

In case any of my cousins are reading this,

"Thanks a lot for all the warmth you've shown. I love all you guys. You mean the world to me."



P.S : Going with the Tsunami year cliche here's a post written long back

|

16 Comments


sweetness...it just comes soo naturally to you guys.sweet post.

Anonymous says:

beautiful!

Very, very honest.

P.S. : Thanks for tripping over metamorf, and leaving your comments.


In case any of your cousin would have been a blogger he / she wud have posted "i have been feeling quite lonely at home inspite of so much of fun and friends outside until the day my cute cousin from delhi arrived, she showered lots of love on me, made me feel the sweetness of sister love. In case she wud be reading this.... Thanks a lot ramya...... you meant the other side of love to me (first side might be romance :p) "

afterall love is great and sweet na :), the same way they've made you feel good, u too wud've made their life joyful :)


@Sujith: Thanks :-)

@Amit: Thanks and no problem

@RS: None of them blog, and btw it cant be she, all are He's.


same pinch ramya...i am too the only one...whole a lot pampered...
i know how it feels...


pampered..hmmmm..younger ones are always assumed as such..
but as u said..it is not necessarily true...sweet post btw..


new to southern customs??then wer r u basically frm??


@Sophia: U too? Nice :-)

@Harish: Thanks

@Sheks: Tamilian born n brought up in Delhi.


Good one ...


delhi-la cupling, dikkilona nu ellam nejamaave games vilayaduvaangala? :D


Sweet!
Its Good to have people who care n love u.
no other feelin than that


@Aswin: Thanks :o)

@Harish: Romba cinema paaka koodadhu ;-)

@Sonu: That too after longing for it..


Good post....liked it.


Wish you a very happy and prosperous new year which brings you good health and more peace!


Cheers!
:)


and more than that u hav blog world and Blog friends too.


@Dakaltiz: Thanks :-)

@Vishnu: Wish u the same :-)

@Reflex: Yep!

Copyright © 2009 Somethings & Nothings All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Customized by Ramya Shankar