11

Engineering Drawing

Posted by Ramya Shankar on Thursday, November 17, 2005 in
My textbook which had a thick layer of dust on it until yesterday defines Engineering Drawing (E.D) as the medium of communication for engineers.
3 months back when I joined this stream, I sure did expect quite a few lifestyle changes. But then the moment this subject was introduced for my department in my university (only from my batch!!), things haven't been... Well.... very pleasant.
This man who fits into my description of Humpty Dumpty, walked into my class 3 months back introducing himself as our E.D professor for this semester. Right from day 1, I didn't have quite an affinity towards the subject. Humpty Dumpty kept encouraging us to explore our creative sides in his class by asking us to draw a few shapes very confusingly put together to form something that quite represented modern art.
He would ask us to draw something which I would do very sincerely, only to find the correct diagram drawn exactly upside down or tilted elsewhere in the book. Ugh! Talk about creativity!
Anyways, I've managed to somehow scrape through my mid-semester, but then the big one (University exam) is fast approaching and only God can help me by making me understand these abstract diagrams in my textbook which would give M.F Hussain a run for his money.


|

11 Comments


hey thanz for droppin by !

and....common ! ED is fun...twas my fav back in college.... !!...the 3D stuff...luved em !....

u know...u can do any drawing if u get the perspective right !....

wan some tips ?!


I got 45/100 in E.D, :-D. Would have got 35 if it was not for the helpful chick...yeah CHICK in front of me from whom i copied...yeah COPIED (that too drg!) the entire orthographic ka sum. hey, but its one of the more interesting subjects u'll come across.So enjoy... ;-)


:phobiac: No prob! ED=fun?? hehe good one! Tips?? My exams start in like the next 2 days.. aargh!!


:sujith: Just this one paper, i just hope I scrape thru. I need a 50 for a pass!!!! I hope the ppl arnd me are good at it.! ;-)


Ha ha ha .. ED.. remembering my ED classes I spent with a "shit sir" keep tell shit of you vaishnav. I remember i will jump into carpentary lab and craft the three dimensional model then cut it in various section to understand the cut section, orthogonal projection.. hey.. your pen took me to college days.. hat off to you.. It happens rams.. every one has their call on subject.. the favorite subject for many in class was the worst understandable subject and i passed just with 45. i would have wished i didnt attend those papers but the rule of bharathidasan univ said.. unless i pass those subject in first attempt i cant run for the university rank... hiehie.. just enjoy the engineering.. and have great fun.


lol..
can't quite understand why so many hate ED... my friends think it's awful and many of them just managed to scrape through, too! :)
all the best for the main exams...


:vani: U should hv been in engg, then u wd hv known why so many crib abt it..!! :-(


ED is not all that bad if u have the right teacher to teach u.. i used to have fun practising.. specially the ortho views.. cuz bfr constructing the model it used to be a puzzle n i used to always wait how the actual 3d drawin would turn out..


I hated ED too.The sight of a drawing sheet and a drafter still brings back bad memories.Being clumsy didn't help me at all.


@ all : Nobody seems to like E.D at all...


Come on, ED was the best subject in engineering.. soooperb time pass.. i just loved carrying that drafter and that paper case to college every monday and thursday.. sigh.. that was 7 years back! :) I miss college!

Copyright © 2009 Somethings & Nothings All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Customized by Ramya Shankar