16

Changing times

Posted by Ramya Shankar on Sunday, July 15, 2007 in
Past tense - "So much to do;so less time"
Present tense - "Nothing to do;so much time to spend"

I feel like I'm living a life of extremes. Maybe I'm just not striking the balance well ? Anyways, just to keep myself a little occupied and beat boredom, I created this and it is proving to be something more than a time pass. Being a music crazy person especially Bollywood music justifies song & lyrics that happened like a reality in disguise.
When I posted the translation of Lukka Chupi as a dedication to someone, sons living abroad, sent the post to their mothers back home as a sign of their unexpressed shy love. I had such mothers commenting how this had rekindled the love even while living in 2 different worlds. I was touched ! Period.
Tere bina from Guru was translated for the pure joy the song gave me; as it happens to rank high amongst my favourites. But honestly with so many websites devoted to lyrics, I didn't expect it to be noticed at all.
I've transferred both the posts mentioned here along with a few other songs.
Do continue to give your unparalleled support, suggestions,linkbacks & requests to this second baby of mine too!
Folks of the blogsville, I give you Songs & Lyrics !
*Applause*

|

16 Comments


that required passion and time... thanks.. may be you can consider indexing order/format.. for easy browse..!


guruvayurappaa!
you are one crazy advertiser, i say! seriously!
"Do continue to give your unparalleled support, suggestions,[ ... ] !"

sounds thalaivarish!


Wow....Now that is awesome work.
Know wat...I heard Sandese Aate Hain recently...and donno Y...felt a lump in my throat.
And...I heard it again...and again :-)


wow!! thatz really brilliant! lukka chupi is one of my favourite songs - it just moves me to tears every single time! I'm the kinda person who falls for a song more for its lyrics than the music as such... I really love the lyrics for Ek Ladki ko dekha, Lakshya and O Re Chori as well!
Your translations are beautiful! Waiting to read more of 'em! Awesome work!


wow awesome... keep up the good work... especially for those like me who dont understand hindi and just sing the songs because they have a nice tune & the words appear to be nice! a funny story... we used to dance to the rangeela song...and tht song "Hai Rama", till very recently I thought was a sad song, due to the tune... Then i found out it was actually a slow love song... Hahaha.... Then the movements of the dance also changed!


Truth be told,i must have listened to 'tere bina' atleast 500 times,am not exaggerating. Not once have i sat down to think what the words mean!!
The music just carries me to a different world..Thats the beauty and power of a Rahman composition..

I guess i need to listen another 500 times,paying attention to the lyrics:-)


Cool di rumz!!! Engaiyooo poita po!

Unnoda new blog intro keta.. ennaku Reverbs intro maadiri iruku.. dunno y :D


I love Hindi songs tho I dun u'stand most of em :) But I love the tunes, music, dances etc etc.

Keep up the good work Ramya!

Keshi.


btw very nice blog template :-)


That's cool idea ramya! I used to do the same, translating my favorite Tamil song into English.


You have been tagged ramya!


emma... chancey illa po... that translation thing.. keep up the good work. :)


Yuva,
Thanks, will consider ! :)

Sujith,
It was meant to be thalaivarish ! :D

Harish,
Don't overdo it. Sometimes we tend to start hating songs on constant hearing.

Archana,
Thanks ! I dunno what to translate next ! Any ideas?


Jolikum Salangai,
hee ! True magic of ARR ! You cud have interpreted the song both ways actually ! It talks of the pain involved in love ! :)

Sugz,
Totally agree ! And another 500 ? Way to go ! :)

Pree,
Reverbs ku yaaru intro kudutha ? ;)

Keshi,
Thanks a lot !


Heidi,
Thank you ! :)

Jeevan,
ooh ! I might have come to ur blog for assistance then ! I'm terrible at tamil translation.
And as for the tag, it was done ages back ! :)

Karthik,
Nandri thalaiva ! un fan club a adichuka mudiyuma ? :D


aha.. yaaro rombe free pole?


ammu

Copyright © 2009 Somethings & Nothings All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Customized by Ramya Shankar